Mega Battle - Unlock Mega Houndoom
From From Friday, September 11, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, September 17, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, use your Mega-Evolved Pokémon in Gym battles, Team GO Rocket battles, and Trainer Battles (excluding GO Battle League battles). If Trainers win 275 million of these battles before the event ends globally, they’ll unlock Mega Houndoom in Mega Raids!
- It’s all about Mega Beedrill! You can receive Beedrill Mega Energy by completing event-exclusive Field Research tasks. When you use Mega Beedrill in Gym battles, Team GO Rocket battles, and Trainer Battles (excluding GO Battle League battles) during the event period, it’ll receive a temporary CP boost!
- You can receive Mega Energy for Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise by completing limited event-exclusive Field Research tasks.
- We’re getting word that Team GO Rocket will be using different Shadow Pokemon during this event as well! Be sure to Mega Evolve Beedrill before you take on Team GO Rocket!
- Be on the lookout for raid and battle-focused Timed Research during this event!
- If Trainers win 275 million of these battles before the event ends globally, they’ll unlock Mega Houndoom in Mega Raids!
If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Ledyba!
Field Research Tasks
|Catch 5 different Buh-Type Pokémon||Ledyba Encounter|
|Defeat a Team GO Rocket Grunt||10x Beedrill Mega Energy|
|Mega Evolve a Beedrill||10x Beedrill Mega Energy|
|Battle another Trainer||5x Venusaur Mega Energy|
5x Charizard Mega Energy
5x Blastoise Mega Energy
|Catch 5 Bug-type Pokémon||5x Beedrill Mega Energy|